Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sing Over Me

For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Zephaniah 3:17

In the years I have been leading worship, I have been given many kind words; words of encouragement, words of gratitude, words that complement...and I have been humbled by all of them. I believe I have been given a voice for a specific purpose and I pray every day that I am obedient to that purpose. I don't want to be led by selfish desires, I want His direction to lead me. I desire to go where He calls me and to use my voice for who He tells me. The above verse is a large reason as to why.

As I read this verse, even the thought of God's voice singing over me was overwhelming. I have never audibly heard God's own voice, but I believe with all of my heart it will be the most beautiful thing we have ever heard. I have been exposed to some incredible musicians over the years, but none can come close to Him. How incredible is the thought of Yahweh singing over you? That He would take so much delight in you, He cannot help but sing. This verse has become an encouraging challenge for me to live by. Is my life bringing Him delight? Are my actions intended to please people, or to please the Living God? Am I willing to be completely uncomfortable in order to bring Him gladness? When the day comes that I can finally stand before my God, I want to hear Him sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment