SCHOOL: I began my first semester at Denver Seminary the last week in January. While it is a ton of work (I think I am always either reading or writing), I am so blessed to be a student here. The faculty is incredible, my peers are awesome, and much of my required reading teaches me more about Jesus! Loving every minute of it.
WORK: Well, we went from being discouraged about work to David having 4 part time jobs and me having one. God is good! David is not only working for Legacy Chapel and helping out with StoneBridge, he is also now a barista at Starbucks and helping out with administrative stuff for a new company in the area. I am now working part time at my favorite store in the world, Anthropologie!! I love it! And the discount ain't so bad either ;)
CHURCH: We have been so blessed to be a part of Legacy Chapel. It is so encouraging to watch it grow, knowing that God has something big in store! David's childrens ministry is going great and I have loved being able to lead worship with such an awesome group of guys.
WHAT WE MISS ABOUT TEXAS:
1. Our family (Stonebridge family included)
2. Madison Lyn (our precious niece who is growing so fast! Thankful for Skype!)
3. Our sweet Phoenix and my horse William (can't wait for Phoenix to join us up here!)
4. Tex-Mex (duh!)
5. All of our friends
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT COLORADO:
1. Our Legacy family
2. The view! (Seriously, it never gets old)
3. All the new places to explore (from Downtown to all the towns in the foothills, we have so much to do and see!)
4. Having my Saturdays back (with our crazy retail schedules, Saturdays are precious to us)
5. Knowing we are exactly where we are supposed to be
THE BIGGEST LESSON OF ALL:
Go where God calls you. It's not always going to be easy, but there is nowhere better to be than in line with His will. Stepping out of my comfort zone has allowed me to see Him work in ways I never would have imagined. Wouldn't change one second of this transition.
There it is in a nutshell! More to come! Much love!!