Friday, January 9, 2009

A quick catch up...


Well, I set this blog up shortly after David and I got married but did not do a very good job actually doing something with it. So I am going to attempt to share the first three months of our marriage with you now...
Our wedding was October 3, 2008, and being one of those girly girls who always dreamed of what her wedding would be like, I have to say ours surpassed anything I could have every dreamed up. David convinced me to have an outdoor wedding, so we married under a fairytale gazeebo with a horse pasture behind us (perfect for my alter ego, a farm girl...yes, I am a farm girl). We had about 300 guests and the best thing was, we knew them all! There was none of that awkward I don't know you stuff going on. Everyone knew everyone and we all had a blast. The night could not have been more perfect.
For our honeymoon, we went down to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico and stayed at the fabulous Iberostar Grand. Words cannot describe the beauty at this place. I truly don't understand how you can deny there is a God when you see places like this. Crystal clear waters combined with white sand truly earned this place the name "paradise". While we were there, we did alot of kayaking, got to swim with dolphins, manatees, and seals, snorkled, and did alot of laying on the beach enjoying the scenery. It was extremely hard to leave.
When we got home, things hit us hard. We had many things to adjust to. David moved into my little one bedroom apartment, so we didnt have much room to use while we tried to adjust to living together. David also accepted a new job as the youth pastor at StoneBridge Church. While this is a very exciting opportunity, it is also a little scary starting a new job and a new marriage at the same time. While often we (as in I) don't do well at this, we are going to try and continue trusting that God has a plan and He is going to bless our marriage and we will continue to give Him glory.
That is a quick fill in on what the first couple months of our marriage looked like. We are both so excited to see what will come next...

No comments:

Post a Comment