Thursday, April 30, 2009

So...yesterday was my birthday and being the wonderful husband he is, David finished the deck! It looks so great. We now have a 3 level patio with a huge pond that runs underneath it. You see, one of our favorite things to do at home is watch HGTV. We have gotten so many ideas from that channel and I have a feeling there will always be some little project we will be working on. Our next one is framing the bathroom mirrors and tiling the kitchen and bathrooms. Home ownership is so fun! :)

Yesterday for my birthday we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Both sides of the family were there along with some of my closest friends. I love times like this because it really is hard to deny how blessed you are when you look around at all the people who care about you and support you. God has blessed me with 23 years of being loved by family and friends. But I couldn't help but think last night how much better it is going to be when I get to spend ETERNITY with Him. Knowing how incredible it is going to be should make us want to tell everyone about it! Why is it that it's too often the opposite? I really want to do a much better job of that this year.

This weekend, David is going to be taking me to San Antonio for a birthday weekend celebration. I cannot wait! San Antonio is one of my favorite cities. I love just strolling down the River Walk, but my favorite part of all is Sea World! I get like a little kid when I go to Sea World, it is truly one of my favorite places! One day, I wouldnt mind putting the music thing to the side and becoming a trainer! :) Ha, that would be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. This weekend is going to be an amazing much needed getaway, i can't wait to spend a couple of days together, just the two of us. Oh and Lindsey is not lying about Sea World. She definitely turns into a little kid, its very cute.

    ReplyDelete