Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Perfect Birthday Weekend

This last weekend, David took me to San Antonio for a birthday getaway. We left Saturday morning and on the way out of town, we decided to stop at a donut shop. We walked in and David was grabbing some drinks out of the fridge while I was holding our place in line. I guess I wasn't standing close enough to the counter because this man behind me very impatiently said "are you going to get in line or what??" Well, I was trying very hard to bite my tongue because I don't do well with comments like that, so I just walked up to the counter and tried to let it go. While we were still waiting in line, the same man starts to walk in front of us. When the lady was ready to help us she asked who was next and the man looked at us and said "are ya'll ready to order or what?!" We went ahead and ordered, but the man continued to talk very harshly to the lady who was helping us. In the end it really made us feel sorry for the man. How miserable must his life be that he could so carelessly talk to strangers that way? We hit the road and both probably said a little prayer for the man.

Once we got to San Antonio, we had a quick bite of lunch before my 1:00 massage appointment at the DASA spa at our hotel. It was wonderful! David got me a 1-hour river stone massage. It was the perfect way to start off the weekend! I have to say, I was dragging the rest of the day though. After a little relaxing in the room, we walked right out our hotel doors onto the river walk. We did a little shopping at the River Center with my birthday money then got ready for dinner at the new Rainforest Cafe on the river walk. It has kind of become a tradition of ours to eat at these wherever there is one and collect their souveneir cups. We really liked this one because it was 3 floors and each floor was full of decoration so there really wasn't any bad table to sit at.
Later that night, we went and saw Wolverine, which was pretty good. However, for some reason David and I always end up sitting right next to the people that think we want to hear their commentary on everything. It's so annoying! Oh well, not much you can do about it.

On Sunday we went to my favorite place, Sea World!! I love everything about this place. It's just incredible to me the connection that we can have with such magnificent animals. I love it! I could go on and on about our trip to Sea World, but to keep it short, I will just put up some pictures. Overall, it was a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment